I have been busy cleaning up around my noborigama so I can repair and shorten the chimney. That means moving hundreds of pieces of work that I had out around my well, put there so they would age. It is interesting to see work I made and fired almost 10 years ago. My eye has changed a lot since I’ve made the work and now it looks great.
I will remove the steel portion of the chimney and re-do the whole brick part.
The work is all from about the first year of firing this kiln. I extended the chimney about three times, twice with brick and the last with the steel, high pressure water pipe section. I will lower the length back down to just high enough to clear and not set fire to the roof.